5 Things You Should Know About Fence Installation
Posted: February 11, 2016
A fence wears many hats. It is, all at once, a way to add beauty, security, privacy, and protection for a residential or commercial property or business.
Those who have fences already know the benefits of fence installation, but for those who don’t, here are five things you should know.
- Research the type of fence that you want before scheduling installation, and know the reason that you want a fence in the first place. Different materials, heights and layouts will be ideal for different reasons: privacy, keeping in your pets, security, etc.
- Know the type of material and design that you want. Fences range widely in materials and styles, so the type that suits you and your situation best will also vary. Some considerations include maintenance, style, weather resistance, and so on.
- Find out if you are allowed to install a fence on your property. Contact local government officials and zoning committees, and ask about installing a fence on your particular parcel.
- Never install a fence made of the wrong material in an area where weather and environment can adversely affect it. Colder climates will need deeper post holes to avoid freeze line issues, while proper material protection and climate defense are also a must.
- Don’t go it alone; hire a professional for proper installation. Fence installation is sometimes difficult and requires a concerted effort to get it right. If you have never installed a fence in the past, consider hiring a fencing contractor to ensure your fence’s longevity and durability.
A new fence adds much-needed character to a residential or commercial property. Talk to us today about your fencing options, and create a new element of style or security to your property.